Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Some musings but not much astronomy

I didn't fall off the face of the earth, although after completing another round of dragon boat races, I kind of felt like that. Not a whole lot going on in the observing front but we had our share of U.S. style severe weather with one really severe thunderstorm with plenty of lightning and heavy rain. I lucked out with a couple of lightning shots, but they pale in comparison to some I have seen. You can see my attempt here.













In the middle of all of this, again, sans observing, I have started renovating one of my favourite photo albums, Algonquin Park (Algonquin in the Fall) mainly because it started to sag as this album was pre-iMac. I started to see errors in it that had been corrected in other, more recent albums. As the *flagship* album, it needed to get some updating in the post iMac era. You can check that album on my Tin Foil Hat site on Zenfolio

Maybe we will get some clear skies soon...the weeks forecast does look more favourable for that.

M:)

2 comments:

  1. Hopefully a few nice nights over the next few days. We've had very severe weather her too with extensive flooding in western NY particularly south of Buffalo.
    I had 3" of water in my basement but very trivial compared to those folks who lost their homes and a sad story of an elderly gentleman who was swept away in the current of a flash flood.
    Marc, love the Algonquin photos. I haven't been up their canoeing/hiking for about 20 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marc, Mr.Drive By always has water in the basement!

    Your nature pics are really awesome!

    ReplyDelete